National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS)
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a new scheme of Government of India to promote apprenticeship. It was launched on19th August 2016. Apprenticeship Training consists of Basic Training and On-the-Job Training/Practical Training at workplace in the industry.
- The NAPS is effective from notification date of 19th August, 2016.
- The main objective of the scheme is to promote apprenticeship training and to increase the engagement of apprentices.
Major Components of NAPS-
- Sharing of 25% of the prescribed stipend, subject to a maximum of INR 1,500 per month per apprentice per month to the employer
- Sharing of cost of basic training with Basic Training Providers (BTP); up to INR 7,500 for 3 months/ 500 hours
Why NAPS is required
- To promote apprenticeship training
- To incentivize employers who wish to engage apprentices
- To increase the engagements of apprentices from present 2.4 lakh to 50 lakh cumulatively by 2020
Registration is just a one click away: https://apprenticeshipindia.org/
Workshop by NSDC & CII
- 1. Faridabad- 16th August 2018
- 2. Bangalore- 27th August 2018
- 3. Noida- 7th September 2018
- 4. Kolkata- 11th September 2018
- 5. Jamshedpur- 12th September 2018
- 6. Vishakhapatnam- 17th September 2018
- 7. Hyderabad- 18th September 2018
- 8. Jaipur- 20th September 2018
- 9. Guwahati- 24th September 2018
- 10. Ahemdabad- 26th September 2018
- 11. Indore- 28th September 2018
The whole motive of the workshop is to spread awareness in the industry about the Apprenticeship Scheme. Detailed discussion about the benefits of the act to the employers and to the candidates as well. Participation of dignitaries from NSDC, SSDM, DGT, sector skill council, employers form the industry and training partners. The main objective of the scheme is to promote apprenticeship training and to increase the engagement of the apprentices.